torsdag 26. august 2010

Fish Tank

Hej, lovelies :)

I may watch too many movies than what's healthy for a teenage mind, but I see an upside: More movie reviews for you! :D
Besides, I want to make movies someday as well. :D

Fish Tank is an English coming of age film, and I enjoyed it a lot more than most movies about teenage girls growing up. This is not a cheerleading wannabe's dramatized diary, hooray!

Mia is 15 years old and life goes by depressingly in the little apartment with her mother who's more concerned about men and drinking than anything else, and her little sister who's smoking and acting cheap and dumb already. (She's somewhere around 11, I think.)
Mia has found a deserted flat, and she uses it for dancing by herself. She's quit school, and seemingly she has no real friends. Her amateur dancing is one out of few things to hold onto- an ambition.
For the first time, her mother finds herself a boyfriend actually interested in Mia and what she does; Connor seems great, and he is kind, but of course, he holds secrets. Let me tell you that there is serious tention between Mia and Connor- they are awkward.
Mia finds a boyfriend amongst some guys she tried to rescue a horse from, and she's about to enter a dance contest. Life's getting better, but some things aren't for her. Here begins the darker drama.
Enjoy it.


This film has gotten several awards, and from some opinions on it, I think it might be a little overrated, I'm not sure.
It has discreetly been with me and on my mind for a week, so I'd say it was definitely worth watching! :)

More movies lator ;D
(Did any of you notice at what time I posted the previous blogpost? hihihihihi)

1 kommentar:

  1. Filmen hadde for mye sex D: *dislike*

    -malin (som har i lekse å analysere filemen og er nødt til å se den enda et par ganger)

    SvarSlett